Daily driver fix up

maxx95

I bought this pathfinder from my bro (bamajoe if you've seen him on this forum). I'm not going to do anything crazy to it just put my touches on it and fix the few problems. First off it had the death wobbles so I replaced the rear control arms. It also has a cracked header and that's where I ask Y'all what would you recommend. I want something that should just bolt right on but really want stock. Any suggestions?

Dorman is the only company (that I am aware of) who makes a direct replacement for the exhaust manifolds.

Both of my manifolds are cracked, but I have been leary about changing them for fear of break a bolt (145k worth of use), but don't want to pay the quoted $1000 for a decent shop to do, and yes, he was quoting book time, apparently the drivers side (i think) takes 7 hours to change! Not to sure how much I believe it, but it was from a trusted guy at a trusted shop.

So if you tackle it, please report back, I'm wanting my 15-16 mpg back and I'm hoping these manifolds will help.

-Kyle

Dorman sounds right, I think that is what I used when I replaced one on a 1996. Not too expensive, but a PITA, mainly because you have to drop the cat that hangs off of it, the down pipe and at least loosen the Y IIRC. The real problem is not a lot of room to work, so jack stands, extensions with swivleys and small hands are a bonus. Also, make sure to remove the O2 first, and with the right tool. You'll need the manifold, the manifold gasket, the gasket to the cat and the one after. I threw the heat shield away...

Download the FSM from the pinned thread in the Garage section and look at the exploded view, it will make it all clear.

Welcome to NPORA! I remember bamajoe, it has been a while... I hope he is doing good.

Also, please put the year of your pathfinder in your description, it helps make sure you get accurate information. ;)

B

Oh, check out Rock Auto for the manifold, and we have a discount code in the Classifieds section for them as well. Only 5% IIRC, but everything helps, right?

• Like 1

I agree with the above comments. :laugh: Welcome to NPORA, and unfortunately there are very limited options as far as headers go, I know on mine even "unbolting" the cats would require a torch, so with corrosion and all it will probably be quite the job.

• Like 1