So Close to being fixed--But as Usual Not a Complete Fix :(

brc19761

Hello every one. You can see the post I have been making about my 2008 Nissan Pathfinder evap system. To make a very long story short. The "service engine soon" light came on a couple of months ago. Found out it was a P0455 (evaporation leak). I bought two gas caps. One OEM from the Nissan Dealer. The code would always come back on. I studied the fsm and got great advice from the people on this message board.

A few weeks ago I took apart the entire evap systems and components. With my 12v tester I really didn't get the vent valve solenoid to work. Did not get the plunger to move up and down. I put everything back together and a new code showed up P0447 (Evaporation vent control circuit open. I would clear the code and as soon as you started it back up the "service engine soon" light would immediately come back on with the P0447.

Well today I bought a new vent valve solenoid. I got it on and cleared the code and the "service engine soon light" went off. I took it for a test drive and the light never came on while I was driving. When I got back home I turned the engine off so I could put it back in my shop (that is where I park it). Well after all that driving when I went to put it up the "service engine light soon" came on with the P0447 code.

I have no idea what it could be. I thought maybe a loose connection or something. The vent valve solenoid had quit working b/c before when I cleared the code the light would come back on immediately. Now it just comes on every now and then.

What could I be missing? What do I need to check? B/T gas caps and solenoid I have spent around a $140.00. I am about ready to put a piece of duct tape over the engine light. I feel like I am so close to fixing this issue, but with the engine light coming back on I feel like I have been wasting my time.

Thanks,

brc