How strong are r50 axles.

svar

Hi guys,

i'm wondering how strong our axles are, I know some people are running 34-35 inches MUD tires for MUD trails, can you guys give me a inputs.

considering the re gearing option.

Rear axles can be considered bullet proof.

Front axles? They are plenty strong enough given the engine's torque.

But they fail when the cv joints are outside their operating parameters...meaning that when you lift the vehicle for large tires you will be increasing the cv joint angles and they can become a failure point if you aren't careful about how high you lift the front suspension.

Rear axles can be considered bullet proof.

Front axles? They are plenty strong enough given the engine's torque.

But they fail when the cv joints are outside their operating parameters...meaning that when you lift the vehicle for large tires you will be increasing the cv joint angles and they can become a failure point if you aren't careful about how high you lift the front suspension.

thank you.

my mistake I was referring the front axles.

considering the spec of the cv joint are withing specs, it will hold it? I don't know if this member with 34" TSL are in the forums, but seems to be he mud a lot with this setup.

trail on the mud is whole different thing than doing rocks, saying this I don't know wish is one is hard for our car, because I can't compare.