Factory Alarm Replacement

daczone

My Pathfinder has the factory alarm, I have a Valet switch in the console and the brain appears to be under the drivers seat.

I need to replace it. I bought a aftermarket system. Any hits or tips, wiring info in doing this?

(I never had the factory key fobs) and for the price of key fobs I bought a whole new system. I plan to just use it mainly for a door opener and hatch remote.

Okay I've got the new alarm in and to answer peoples questions about the alarm having a starter disable, my 93 factory alarm does. It is the 2 black wires seperate from the alarm harness.

I have identified the following wires going to the alarm under the drivers seat:

Key in

Power Acc switched

Power always on

Gnd

Parking Lights

Interior light

Door lock

Door unlock

What I am looking for now is the hatch unlock. Anyone know where that wire is (other than the switch on the dash?)

:clickdalink:I know that harness comes into the body on the upper left (looking from the outside) of the jamb for the hatch, but I'm not sure where it runs from there. I would use the manual to see what the color of that wire is (there's a list of color codes in the "how to read wiring diagrams" bit), see where the harness it goes into runs, then get into it at its closes point to the alarm and look for that wire. If the diagrams in the manual aren't helpful, you could unscrew the plastic trim from inside the rear hatch and see what the wire looks like where it attaches to the actuator--it should be the same in the harness.

I was able to find everything I needed under the seat on the factory alarm connection except the rear hatch trigger. I really just wanted it for the electric door locks. And I did have a bad lock timer, took that apart and resoldered the connections and that all works, though I'm not crazy about it locking the doors on me.

That is one of things I would like to eliminate.

Locking them at random times? Mine does that too, I think it's the contacts behind the key cylinders in the front doors, but whenever they're acting up it's cold enough outside that I can't be arsed to fix them.

Worst case on the hatch trigger, you could just run a bit of wire from the switch on the dash to the alarm brain and tuck it under the console.

When I drive the doors sound like the unlock and lock.. I don't think it's random, but I was worried it's going to lock my keys inside.

I wired everything but the parking lights and rear trunk. I needed 2 solenoids to wires those 2 items. As I said I didn't get key fobs with my rig and the factory alarm was questionable at best. So I just bought a 3 channel alarm off e-bay and replaced it. Simple enough, actually having all the factory wiring harness made it a pretty quick and simple job.