Coolant Leak

GePa

I just found a Coolant leak, i changed the hose, but i found that the pipe were it connects to the hose is a bit corroed

What's the name of the piece? It's one marked 21v

WP_20141123_001_zpsb055b715.jpg

Edited by GePa

http://autopartmaster.com/imgbank/cat/infinity/image.asp@imageid=AAC0001C&modifid=85600002

I think number 11060, is what your looking for, but there is another hose that runs from this part to the thermostat housing, maybe that's the culprit, but I haven't seen it leak.

Part number is 1106021V00. "water outlet"

-Kyle

Edited by ferrariowner123

Ya, have to take apart a lot of stuff to make it easy. almost as much stuff as a timing belt job. before you dig into it that far. how bad is the damage to the pipe? would it be possible to grind down the part thats jacked up and just slide the hose further back? /shrug. I always look for money / time saving alternatives. some of them work out, some of them dont.

Pat

Ya, have to take apart a lot of stuff to make it easy. almost as much stuff as a timing belt job. before you dig into it that far. how bad is the damage to the pipe? would it be possible to grind down the part thats jacked up and just slide the hose further back? /shrug. I always look for money / time saving alternatives. some of them work out, some of them dont.

Pat

I was thinking about something like that, that could be cheap.

Because there is pitting but just that pitting and not holes.

I guess it was my fault for following a "mechanic" advice...

"IF IT'S LEAKING don't put a coolant mix... just destyled water"..

I guess i can thank him for that.....

From now on, even if a car is leaking coolant, i should use 50/50 mix ratio.