Electrical problems. 96

ferrariowner123

So yesterday, I decided I try and tackle my heated seats, (since it's getting cold again). During the summer, it felt like the driver side was stuck on, and after a failed attempted to put some LED'S in the lights forever ago, they have never really worked right, they switched locations (right were turn on left, and vice versa) and the driver light wouldn't turn on, but would still work, passenger seemed to work okay.

Anyway, I printed out the wiring diagram, checked for continuity, and everything check out, and seemed to be okay, so I made a new, shared ground for the switches, ran some new wires for the switches since I moved them from the center dash, to down by the ash try. Then I connected everything back up. The seat works, but it worked before. But now the passenger light, only lights up some of the time, at least in my brief 7 minute drive to work. It's seemed like if I pushed it, it would light up, the driver one, was same as before. Worked but wouldn't illuminate.

Also while I was in there, I thought I'd simplify some of the radio wiring, and hard wire my stereo into the car, so I basically cut back anything that wasn't being used, and apparently that made the rear window defogger illumination stop, again the function still works, but I don't get a light anymore. So I'm really bummed because it was supposed to be a simple thing, but I guess I screwed it up more than it was before.

So here's my plan, I'm going to try and figure out what's going on with the wiring, see if I cut something by mistake, and make new grounds for the heated seat buttons. And if all else fails, I'm just going to go to the junkyard and grab a new harness for right behind the radio, and put it back exactly the way it was.

My question to you, is, was there anything I did, or plan to do, that sounds questionable? Both the illumination and heated seats circuit are really simple, so that's why I'm sorta bummed that I'm having such a hard time with it.

Anyways, any and ALL abvice or suggestions are appreciated.

-Kyle

Well, I can report that after driving her home today, with the switch off, my seat did not warm up, and the switches control the the seats they are labeled, driver to driver, passenger to passenger.

So now I think I'm down to a loose connection on the passenger switch, and a bad bulb on the driver switch.

Still a little confused on the illumination for rear defrost, but I'm sure I can get it sorted, but I'm totally open to advice.

-Kyle