What's under the rear seats?

wheelmanLS1

Or it could be a splash guard as soon as the body rusts out underneath it! :D

I would guess it was meant to be a sound deadener. But if you don't take a look under it every once in a while you might not know if it has rusted a hole through the floor yet. That's how I found out about mine...about a month after I bought it.

Foam stuff? Does it look factory stock? I don't have this. I just have that dense fabric/foam padding/sound deadener stuff like is beneath the carpet, and you can just pull it up to see my rust spots. Hopefully the rust will go away soon with the help of a welding family friend.

Foam stuff? Does it look factory stock? I don't have this. I just have that dense fabric/foam padding/sound deadener stuff like is beneath the carpet, and you can just pull it up to see my rust spots. Hopefully the rust will go away soon with the help of a welding family friend.

I think that's what he meant. It's what I was talking about anyway. When I first saw it all it was doing was holding moisture against the floor, probably helping the rust get worse and worse until I fixed it.