obx headers without body lift

kagedkitten

I have tried searching but i haven't really found anything on people installing the headers without a body lift. Is it possible? Is it really hard?? My truck needs a new exhaust and this is the last thing holding me back. Thankyou for the help. And sorry for my lack of research if there is something on it already.. I have tried but i lack time between work and family :/

-Kat

• 2 weeks later...

Installing the obx headers even WITH a 3 inch body lift was tight. We were just wondering if anyone had done it without the body lift to make sure it fits into place without having to pull the motor BEFORE we pull the entire stock exhaust to fit them in place. Time is tight and it's her daily driver so we need to minimize down time as much as possible.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So, I'm curious to know how the headers went? Are you happy with them? Did u end up having to use a stainless steel Y-pipe also? I need new headers also, & thinking about purchasing some of those OBX headers. Need to get this done before I do anything else & possibly sell the Pathy.

I'm very pleased with my pacesetters, but I don't see how in the heck they could be installed without a body lift. It seems it would be a nightmare to work them in place & rather difficult to loosen/tighten the bolts on the studs.