Vacuum problems

02Junker

I posted here a few weeks ago about possible MAF issues. I have ruled that problem out. I was at auto zone today and they guy pointed out a loud hissing sound coming from in from the back side of the engine bay on the drivers side. So I am thinking this is why the motor won't idle unless I unplug the MAF. Does anyone have any tips or clues on what to look for here? I am by myself for the next few days and have no one to hold down the gas pedal while I spray the area looking for leaks.....

So I finally located the general area of the vacuum leak. I sprayed the throttle body area down and each time the spray hits this area the RPMs increase. Its doing it near the back and top right of the throttle body. I have read somewhere it could be the intake manifold gasket.... Does anyone know what I should be looking for here?

Edited by 02Junker

So I replaced that gasket for the throttle body. Now the car won't even run. It ranks up and shuts off within a half a second. Before I replaced this gasket, the car would run in emergency mode just fine. I have nothing now. It seems to me like its not getting fuel at this point..... Anyone have any ideas? The only way the car runs at this point is if I smash down on the gas pedal.

Edited by 02Junker