DIY Wheel Alignment Links.

MrEviLDeD

Sorry for bothering everyone.

I was wondering if anyone had a link or links to good information on performing my own Wheel Alignment for a 93' Pathfinder? I tried the search but nothing stood out specifically. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

I have a FSM for the 1993 in hard copy. I do not have access to some of the equipment that is suggested and was looking for a good instruction on the "tape measure" or "string" methods as it directly related to a pathfinder. I had a link that was pretty good but it went dead so I thought I would ask here.

I will go through the manual again.

Thanks.

String method works as long as you aren't lifted. Once that Panhard is at an angle your rear axle will be shifted sideways and the string method won't work (unless you have a Panhard drop of course) . If you are stock height it's really easy. Just wrap some strong twine around your rear Panhard. Run it around the vehicle through the center line of your rear and front wheels on one side. Then you can pull the string tight and place it against the front wheel while sitting down and looking straight down the line. Adjust tie rods until the string sits flush against the faces of the front and rear tire bulges and you will get it real close anyways. Then just do the same for the other side and then re check both sides. U will need someone to sit in the drivers seat and hold the steering wheel in the center position as well.

Edited by Nefarious
  • Like 2