Rear end kicking out, not death wobble

csutke

Here's the deal I have had replaced or replaced the rear controls arms uppers and lowers I believe, the panhard, the shocks and now the coils. I just did the coils today and the rear end still feels like it's kicking out when I let off the throttle. I know it's not the control arms/ death wobble as I have had that before on my old pathy and I have had the arms replaced on this one right after I bought it about two yeas ago. I replaced the shocks about two years ago as well. One of the main reasons for putting on new coils was to try and get rid of the kicking out when letting off the throttle or going over whoops at highway speeds. Now with the new coils it doesn't seam to do it at speed but haven't had a chance to really test that out. I'm also going to be replacing the rear shocks again as soon as they get here as well as the front coils, struts, bearings etc... Is there anything else you guys can think of that would cause this. My wife said that she will not go on "long" trips in the pathy until this is fixed and right now it's our only vehicle capable of highway speeds.

So to sum up my ramblings:

New coils

Two year old controls arms upper and lower I believe, panhard

Two year old shocks

Could the front suspension be causing this feeling?

if the struts or shocks are cooked then that would give you a bouncy feeling.

I replaced my struts 2 yrs ago as well and now my right one is dead. front end bounces over small stutter bumps. I'll be replacing it tomorrow.

If your rearend kicks-out left or right when you press/release the gas, then it has to be with what retains the rear-end to the body.... This includes the following :

1) control arms

2) coils

3) shocks

One of the common mistakes that people do when installing new control arms or bushings, is to tight them up while the wheel is up in the air. At that point the rubber bushing will be set in place while the suspension is extended. When the truck is put back on its wheel, the bushing will start tearing slowly because it wants to turn to it's original position... unless you have put poly bushings....then this problem will not be present.

On the last trail, I busted a rear coil and I had the same symptom coming home from the trail... So my point is this... If your coils are not snapped in two, then your control arms bushings are toasted...

Can you take good pictures of the bushings on lower arms ?

S.