Trouble in paradise

pathykline92

Hi, can anyone tell me if I can put my 95 vg30e into my 92 pathfinder. I'm not sure if I will be able to put the ecm from my d21 into the pathy. Is the connector for the ecm the same or will I need the harness from the 95? Also the 95 was an automatic and the 92 is a 5 speed, will the engine accept the pilot bushing and standard flywheel without any mods. Thanks in advance for your help. Any other issues that you can think of will be appreciated. Thanks.

I think I just posted in your intro thread. :)

ECU and harness should be the same, or compatible at least. It's basically the same motor so it should run off either computer, and AFAIK the connectors didn't change.

Consider doing seals/spark plugs/etc while the motor is out!

Some vehicles have a different program for the ECU auto vs manual, even though they usually just plug right in, so you might just want to double check. I do think the PFs have a separate computer controlling the trans in the case of an auto, so even if the ECU programs are slightly different, I imagine it should run with the "wrong" one in there. It just might not have the (as-determined-by-Nissan) "correct" fuel injector duty cycle curve or ignition advance curve for the engine when bolted to the new transmission. As for the pilot bushing and flywheel vs. flexplate, they should all use the same crank so all of that should swap just fine.

Thanks for the help, Slartibartfast and Thabigperm. I was also wondering about the knock sensor from the 92 because I didn't see a place for it on the 95, any thoughts on that? And yes I'm doing the front and rear seals, as well as the plugs and that bypass hose in the middle of the engine. My clutch kit arived today also. I was also reading about putting the larger exhaust studs in since several are already broken. I was looking into some headers also. Thanks again for the helpful advice.