Signing on from Florida

CIGARGUY

I've been in and around the car scene for as long as I can remember. I've built and off roaded 6 Jeeps, road rallied a fully built MINI Cooper S, and had a handful of other notable rides, but there's something special about this 1999.5 Pathy. I love that I can bash around in it and not worry about the dings, scuffs, and scratches. It's a black SE that's now flat black thanks to a DIY Plastidip job, has an extended Yakima Load Warrior, full front end brush guard, and a slew of other goodies coming its way (lift, tires, stereo system, etc). With a 2.5 year old and a full time job, I don't get as much time as I'd like to spend off road or working on the rig, so I'm just doing a little as time and money allows. I'm looking forward to being a contributing member of the neighborhood and learning from the wealth of knowledge already here!

Welcome! Hopefully you enjoy the site and find helpful info. A lot of members have come and gone, so we like new people who come in that can show us new things! Again, welcome! Oh, and we love pics around here!

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

I'll get some pics up in the near future.

Steve, this is Adam. I just touched base with you on the other site about the spacers. I'll be getting an order in soon

FeelThePathos, I'll be happy to tell you about the Plastidip job. I'm very happy with the results. I learned a lot about the process and how to make it come out without streaks, even though I've got quite a few. I'm just happy to not have to worry about chips and scratches (or waxing) anymore. When I have more time I'll do a full tutorial.

Here's where we started life.

5FB359CC-3CAA-4B2E-AEA7-0EC8A08DC11C_zps

Here are a couple of shots showing the Plastidip in process. Only the front bumper and left fender were done at this point.

29F2B161-47DA-457A-8810-4FF95BF6392F_zps

3234B55F-C4DC-458F-B9D2-0CC3DAE63BE1_zps

As it sits now.

1B82FA47-0727-4016-8B6F-686E3A5DDC8B_zps

Yep. I'll be using the OEM wheels.

There's definitely an art to applying the Plastidip and getting it to look right. I love the "industrial" look the flat finish gives it.

Edited by CIGARGUY

• 2 weeks later...