New pathy owner

Hello my Nissan loving brothers and sisters. Although I am a new owner of a pathfinder I'm not new to the off road scene. I have owned a 95 d21 since new. It was unfortunately hit by an uninsured driver about 4 years ago. I kept it in hopes of finding a good body to transplant the engine into. Now finally I found this pathfinder with a blown timing belt. I'm sure you all know what that does to the vg30e. I have the engine out of the 95 and am now disassembling the 92. I will be posting some questions about compatibility of the two. The problems with putting a newer engine into the older body, and also going from auto to standard. Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Welcome to the forum !

If you are looking for an economic and scalable solution for a rear lift or level your truck, come and visit http://4x4design.com/Pathfinder_R50_96-04.php (near the bottom of the page)

* we also make custom stickers * http://4x4design.com/Stickers_Decals.html - Just ask for quote !

Cheers.

Steve.

:welcome:

AFAIK there are no major differences in the engines between '92 and '95, so that swap should go smoothly. Just make sure you get the right timing belt--the sprockets changed shape mid '93, you'll want the round-tooth version. The smog gear changed too (addition of a BPT valve on later rigs), but the computer won't care about that.

Harbinger's auto to manual swap thread looks like good reading for the trans swap. Having a full donor rig should help you out a lot!

And yes, we love pictures here. :lol:

I would like to post some pics bu am not sure how or where, I only have my phone, no computer, it has a bug and sending it to be fixed. Thanks for your help.

Edited by pathykline92