Part Location

brc19761

Ok after looking through the fsm for a long while and with the helpful comment of adamzan. I have narrowed down my problem. My problem is I have the push button auto air on my 94 pathfinder le. The unit will not change position as to where the air blows and the ac button and things like that don't work which means the clutch for the compressor will not engage. The fsm says to "replace the control amp for built-in control unit". Where is the amp located?

An overview- I have an electrical problem that will not allow the clutch for the compressor to engage. I have took the in dash push button unit out and a part b/c it all started when sometimes you would start up and the push button unit would not come on or light up. Checked all fuses none blown. Then I started up the truck and the a/c unit would light up and work fine. This all happened within about two days then the a/c unit would not come on at all. I studied the HA section of fsm. I have replaced the a/c relay. I have checked every other relay dealing with the a/c. If this control amp is not the answer. What could be? I know it is electrical. Do I need a entire used push button a/c control for the dash? I am at am at the end of my rope. What electrically could be wrong for the clutch on the a/c compressor not work.

There is an "auto control amp" on page 62 of the 94 FSM, right of the gas pedal in the diagram, plug number 4A, not sure if that is what they are referring too.

Than on page 97 there is a circuit board that says "control amp"

• Like 1

Thanks I was just looking at fsm I think what they are talking about in my case is the circuit board that goes in the push button unit mounted in the dash. Now try to find used unit. Guess I will start on ebay.

Thanks again

brc

It wasn't the climate control unit I ordered off ebay. It came in earlier that I expected, but It does the same as my old part. Unless the part I ordered is broken also. My next step is to check the one by the gas pedal. But I am not sure what I am checking for?

Thanks,

brc

It wasn't the climate control unit I ordered off ebay. It came in earlier that I expected, but It does the same as my old part. Unless the part I ordered is broken also. My next step is to check the one by the gas pedal. But I am not sure what I am checking for?

Thanks,

brc

Thanks,

brc