fluery spacer issues

dustinp

Hey guys I've posted this a few places hoping someone could help me out. I stacked 2" fluery spacers on top of my sfd. I only did one side but it looked extremely compressed after and only lifted it .5" the wheel was also very toed out. I'm not sure of I just screwed up installing it however I can't see how you could screw something like that up. It could be just to much pressure on the struts but I don't understand why that would be.

At first look, your springs seems installed wrong... Like if they were not clocked properly... They seems compressed and bent when they should be almost straight and relaxed.... Did you align the notch on the coil-top-seat plate with the L or R on the top plate ?? This is super important as it will clock (or align) the spring properly in the assembly...

Check here for some pictures : http://s435.photobucket.com/user/steve_fleury3/library/suspension%20project

Also, it's like if your spring are missing a row... Check with my pictures of the same AC coils...

S.

***EDIT**

I made a mistake... The upper spring seat plate has a cutout... it needs to face the inner side of the truck AND be aligned with either L or R on the top (L being driver side, R passenger)

Edited by fleurys

^^ that's what I wanna know too. Didn't find it on his website. I received the spacers today and wanna know how to install them...

Sent from Tapatalk

Here's a summary of the installation of the front spacers (the rear simply inserts between the coil and coil seat) :

- raise the truck

- remove wheel

- remove the 3 top bolts that retains the strut. They are under the hood, where the strut tower is.

- remove the 2 big bolts that attach the strut to the knuckle. This is where the break rotor is.

- remove the strut

- compress spring

- dismantle the strut by removing the top nut

- take the top plate (the one with the bolts pressed fit in) and bring it to a vise where the plate is sitting and you can hammer out the bolts

- install the spacer on the top plate by threading the spacers with the longer bolts supplied

- re-install the top plate on the strut by screwing the top nut. At that point you have in this order from bottom to top : strut,top plate,spacer

- release the spring tension from the compressor

-re-install the strut.

You will need some camber bolts in order to have an alignment. I personally use the ones from ingalls : https://www.ingallseng.com/81260-14mm-fastcam-bolts_pair.html