New to Pathfinders

swimmer05

I'm currently deciding between a spotless 22k miles 04' Blazer ZR2 and an 04 SE with 65k miles.......both are about the same price at around $8k with the latter being in slightly more of a "used" condition. I currently have an S10 Z and I love the thing to death but unfortunately NY winters have taken a toll on it and it's time to get something with a backseat. I was set on getting the Blazer because it's damn near brand-new but after looking at a few Pathfinders I'm not so sure anymore........they're a lot closer to what I want than I thought they would be.

I just thought I'd pop on here and see what opinions I got, however biasd they might be :laugh:

I'd be using it for daily driving, camping with the wife, and whatever other trouble I can find on the trails.

I am sure either will suit your needs. I don't think you can find a Blazer that qualifies as "classic" until you go back to the K5s. The first gen Pathys have kind of a cult following and have the old "rugged and boxy" look. I love mine. I like trucks with a frame under them but to each his own, unless you are a hardcore off roader the luxuries within might be more of a selling point than its' off road capabilities.

Congrats no matter what you end up with!

gotta say I love my R50 (2000). It's taken me everywhere I wanted to go in comfort and style. winters are a non issue. It's easy to work on and reliable.

It does have some quirks but so does any vehicle. sometimes I do wish I had the 3.5L engine but da nada, maybe one day I'll swap one in.

Those 04 Pathy's are friggin nice man, (last year of 2nd stage of the R50 before the transition back to the body on frame and I think had the best looking bodywork) and compared to the ZR2 Blazer? Guess what, with the Nissan you get rear passenger door access (ZR2 doesn't have any rear passenger doors does it?) and a more powerful v6 engine in the vq35 250 - 260 ish than the 190 hp 4.3L in the Chevy. Nissan really easy to lift too with Fleury's stackable / scalable spring spacers.

You're not a kid, you're a grown man with a wife and family, believe me you can get into plenty of trouble out on the trail in the muck with the Nissan, then run through a car wash and pick up your lady for a night out at the Steak and Ale in your beautiful and elegant Nissan Pathfinder, not the red necked lifted and widened suspension and wheel base track of the ZR2 that doesn't have any rear passenger doors.

The Nissan is a 4x4 for adults.

BTW 2 door Pathy's are awesome!