Sunroof "protector" - '91 Pathfinder SE 4x4

Hey all!

Recently ordered a new sunroof "protector" from the local Nissan dealership. This is the piece that looks like weatherstriping, but is really nothing more than wind noise reducer and debris deflector. When I received the part, I removed old one and cleaned the glass. I then laid out the new one it was too large! :blink: The factory cutouts for the hinges are perfectly correct, but it is too large around (by about 4 inches-ish). I called another source to confirm part number and included my VIN to confirm too.

Is this a "semi-universal" part that is meant to be cut to fit and completed with weatherstrip adhesive or did I receive a dud? Thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks!

I'm not familiar with the new part, but I too would expect it to fit right. There were two types of sunroof on these IIRC, a factory install and a dealer install, so perhaps it was made for one vs the other (your VIN should've pointed this the right way though).

I would figure out where the four inches can most easily come out of it (without making the corners sit wrong--may require multiple cuts), cut it out, and then glue it in place. If you use a black glue (or go over it afterwards with black silicone), the cut spots shouldn't show too much.