How do I disable the alarm?

cbjdriles

I have been searching through this site as well as a general internet search for help on disabling the alarm. I have a 94 Pathfinder XE. We bought it from my uncle for $500. He did not have the keyless entry FOB's when he sold it to us. I have unplugged both connectors that go to/from the box under the driver's seat. The alarm will still go off with those disconnected. Can any of you please give me advice on how to disable the stupid alarm??? Thank You!!

If it's a factory alarm do you want to remove it completely or just disable the alarm?

To remove, the harness they used is pretty cool design, most of the connections are like "tee's", basically you unplug a connector, plug each end you just unplugged into the alarm plug, there are only I think 2 single wire connections, one goes to the wire that runs to the front door switch, one connects under the steering column cover. the rest plug in, So basically to remove the alarm, pull the drivers seat, unplug the alarm module, remove the module, remove the mounting bracket, trace the harness back up under the lower dash, un plug any connections going to the alarm "tee's", plug the male and female plugs back together, remove the wire from under the steering column cover, remove the wire going to the dr. door switch, and you should be good.

To disable, unplug the alarm module, locate the ignition kill wire under the steering column cover cut the red wire going to the alarm harness and re connect the 2 halves.

this was my alarm out of the 94 I had and the harness, is this the box you unplugged?

j9mzo7.jpg

alarm module in place (red button on top in hole)

2j42f6u.jpg

see also here for the schematic and instructions:

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/19755-fix-your-keyless-entry/?hl=keyless%20entry&fromsearch=1

Edited by ahardb0dy