help with 98 3.3 wont start

wishart

Hello and help please

I have a 98 i swapped an engine into.have fuel rail pressure will run on starter fluid there is no voltage at the injectors and no injector pulse tested voltage at the eccs relay which checks out...no codes from computer also swapped computers for no change so i replaced original...any suggestions...much appreciated

Also i only have a non chip key but I dont believe this year used a chip key am i wrong...thankx

Weird that it's not coding... seems like if the injector connections were bad, it would throw a code for injector function, and if the camshaft position sensor or something was bad, it would throw a code for that (and I don't imagine it would run on ether). I'd check the coolant temp sensor and its harness on the off chance that it's sending such bad temp info that the computer's leaning the mix to nothingness, but that seems like a long shot.

Looks like the chip keys started halfway through 1999, so that's not your issue. I guess your alarm system might still think it's been stolen and be telling the computer not to start, but it seems like an odd coincidence to happen right after an engine swap.

Double check your ignition wiring I guess, there's gotta be a plug not seated right or something. :shrug: Good luck!

Thanx will check the temp ...i was following a thread somewhere and a mention was made of tracing continuity on the engine to ecm is there any id info for the pins on the ecm connector

Thankyou for your support...much appreciated.

Fyi already swapped out distributor and crank sensor as i said runs fine on starter fluid...along with sea foam to keep those rings and valves happy!

Running on ether rules out the CAS. Have you checked for power at the injectors? Could be as simple as a broken fusible link or wire going to the safety relay.

Thanks for the service manual link did the trouble shooting process ...so my problem is in the harness no continuity on eccs relay pin 2 and pin 4 at the ecm ...also no continuity between relay pin 3 and harness connector f6 pin1

Manual refers to a check of connectors E1, M1 ....and M33 ,F22 but not sure about the locations will do a bit more thumbing through the manual to see where these may be...hoping i can get there without swapping out the harness ..thanks for any further insights