R51 Cruise Control

Hi guys!

Just bought a 2007 Pathfinder dCi 2.5 and it doesn't come with cruise control. I've read in some forum that this comes pre installed, with all the wiring being in place, would only need to had switches for brake and clutch and steering wheel controls. Do any of you guys have more info about this topic? I would love to have a go, but need to know it can be done before buying any parts...

Thank you!

I would contact your local new Nissan dealer. Talk to the guys in the parts department and find out if cruise can be added on as a accessory. A lot of stuff like that is. We dont get the diesel option here int he U.S., so that might be the difference. If they cant sell you a kit, you may be able to find out exactly which stuff you need. Our forum here has a nissan parts guy, who works at a dealer in Texas. He has is own thread for those who inquire about parts...

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/18653-genuine-nissan-parts/page-53?do=findComment&comment=723745

You can also message him privately by clicking on his screen name(Alkorahil), and send him a message about what you may need.

I cannot say for sure if it will work. The US versions come with cruise control already installed so it has never come up here as a concern.

My concern is the ECU for the truck.

It appears from looking at the notes on the R51M that the ECU may not know what to do with the imput signals.

The parts catalouge notes two different ECU modules, those for the LE version (which has cruise control) and for the SE and XE version which means something is different.

The vehicle speed sensors and transmission revolution sensors are the same on the R51M with or without cruise control.

In short, I cannot say 100% for sure if it will or will not work.

However my gut instinct says no because it cannot be that simple. If you do give it a try, I would love to know the results.

• 4 months later...

I have a diesel (YD25) 2006 Pathfinder 7 seater R51 (Made in Spain). The cruise control stops working on a hot day. It usually works when the engine is cool but after a few hundred kms it disengages and refuses to lock (Set or Resume). It works the next day but may have the same symptom again.
Having had electronics background I am good with a soldering iron and am wondering if this may be a dry joint problem in a relay or a pc board. Where do I start looking for such items? That is, if that is likely to be the problem. Thank you