New to Nissan meet Kaiju

hello im Ian,

Kiaju is my first pathfinder, she is a 1995 4dr WD21 5spd ,

Im a outdoorsman who cant afford it, just moved to fort st. john chaseing the money to support my offroading habbits.

kiaju is more of a rescue, i got her from a co worker he had picked it up for $500 he just wanted the tires... he ended up not needing them i bought the truck and tires from him for $500, previous owner neglected her and had been useing it as a bare bones mudder (muddy cloth seats from high tide ) in two months i tuned her up then she moved me from vancouver to fort st john. still a work in progress!

sub_IMAG0519_zpsb0a86f90.jpg

the nitty gritty as i got her :

after market UCA and torsion bar crank (quickly torn boots) rear lift springs,

frame is in runnable condition 8/10 with a little frame work could be fixed up.

body has seen better days 6.5/10 rear fenderwell good sized rust hole, and some minimial trail tree damage.

184 xxx km aparent at purcess odo not running nor speedo (this forum helped me diagnose the speed sensor)

3.0 v6, 5 speed, running gear is in good condition running fine needed a oil change (fixed)

hack wireing job through out i must have pulled 30ft out

as i got her, she had the holes for a tire carrier got new-ish one from the wrecker (later modified)

locks all broken(fixed)

no radio of any sort, no speakers,(fixed)

no rear sway bar (fixed needed one for the drive)

LSD rear axel not sure on gearing... yet

exhaust leak at the manifold to exhaust (fixed)

needs a new o2 sensor old one is welded in...

the tune up:oil change, spark cables, spark plugs, distributer, points, battery, brakes, radio, speakers, subbwoofer, CB, VHF, spare tire,

sub_IMAG0638_zps89849457.jpg

this forum has helped me lots already, and i hope i can do some write ups to help others or atleast be entertaining

thanks

-Ian (PuddleJumper)

• Like 2

Hey that looks cool! Great photo too man, I likey :) What size tires? That's a hell of a lot of work you've done there Sir, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been able to get through 90 percent of that. VHF? Points? Lets see that subwoofer! I like your propane tank on the back there...

Hey I didn't know we could use giant movie monsters to name our trucks! I wonder if Mothra is taken yet....

Edited by gv280z

:welcome:

Wow, I like that pic, looks really good.

That's quite a list of things done. :beer:

Keep us updated and let the pics coming.

Edited by teixeira

@gv280z first off thank you, 33 12.5 r15 not sure on the back spaceing and yes they do rub turned to lock, points = guts of distributer , vhf =very high frequency aka ham radio, picture was taken just outside of boston bar bc on a access road to a lake campground. i figured "great beast" in japanese was suiting ....and really cool monsters :D

@teixeira thank you, heres another this one is the peace river valley, in the next few years this portion of river may become a reservoir for a new hydro electric dam

7e73e326-0856-4dea-acba-28295a9598fe_zps

Welcome Ian, and congrats on your foundling! Sounds like it still has fair potential and that you have already addressed a lot of the ussues. One thing I will point out is to make sure you overfill the manual tranny with 5 liters of GL-4 ONLY/synthetic equiv to make sure there is no bearing starvation. There is a TSB in the Garage/TSB section to read up on. I'd advise changing all the drive train fluids as well, those are usually compromised/ignored.

Gearing should be on a plaque on the passenger inside fenderwall, or you can just mark the drive shaft, jack it up and count the rotations.

B

• Like 1