strange noise

Guest kev7706

Guest kev7706

I have found this forum in my search for Pathfinder enthusiasts who may be able to help me with a problem.

I hear a high-pitched noise that seems to come from the engine bay area whenever the brake pedal is pressed. It sounds similar to the noise an alarm would make, except it does not beep, it is constant. When the brakes are let off, the noise lowers to a certain level and slowly fades away.

I just got a a flat tire fixed at a local shop and this occured just after leaving the shop. Also, 2 days before the noise occured, I went off-roading and got stuck in some mud on the right side of the vehicle.

What could be the cause of this noise? Could it be related to either the tire repair or the off-roading?

Thanks in advance.

Brake cleaning is definately in order. Out wheelin' one night buddy of mine got his blazer stuck beyond my rescue abilities (maybe if I had an automatic that would've been one thing, but I wasnt about to burn off ANOTHER clutch off road) so we left it for the night, after we got him out his brakes would make awful noises when applied, we took them apart, cleaned everything out and the noise stopped. So just try taking them apart, cleaning everything really well, maybe replace the pads while you're at it and you should be set to go

-happy trails to you - cameron