Brake Modulator Bleeding Question, 2002 Acura TL

ferrariowner123

Hey guys, i had a non Pathfinder related question, that i'm hoping some of the experienced on here could help me with.

My dad has a 2002 Acura TL Type-S and for a while now the ABS and TCS lights have constantly stayed on, took it to the dealer to have the specific ABS codes read, and they said that the ABS Modulator has failed. They said they could fix it for about $2000, as you would imagine we said no. I also confirmed this diagnoses after hitting up the Acura forums and seeing that weirdly, its a common problem on the later year TL's of our generation.

Just to make sure my understanding is correct; the modulator is what actually makes the ABS pulse the brakes under heavy braking and prevent the car from locking the wheels, right?

Now on to the question. Is there any special bleeding technique that i should be aware of when i go to bleed the system after installing the new modulator?

Thanks in advance.

-Kyle

Not that I can remember. If you are having trouble getting it to bleed, you should be able to cycle the key a few times and have it activate the pump during the selfe diagnosis.