95xe brakes

Nissanland

I changed the brakes last weekend and found out alot about thes trucks, the previous owner hadn't been the most diligent person when it came to maintenance. Luckily the drums and rotors were within specs and didn't need to get turned down or replaced. In back the shoes were worn really even and equal on both sides. On front though was a different story, 1st off the easiest set of pads you'll ever replace. Remove 1 bolt and pull the caliper up and back, slide out old pads, slide new pads, press the two pistons back into the caliper, fold over replace bolt and walla, done unless you need to bleed the brakes as I did, I had a plunger pop on back brake. I was surprised to see that 3 of the front pads were cracked in multiple area's, all I could see for brand name was shucks, which has been sold off years ago. I installed pads and shoes from DBS/EBC. The shoes have V grove running length wise to help run cooler and the pads are groved twice instead of once. Supposed to be able to stay cooler and apply more pressure without brake fade. If you haven't looked at your brakes I would take the time to look, the rotors not vented causing a higher level of heat, thus making the pads more easily cracked. I would also suggest using pads designed for cooler operation. Safer than solid pads that don't release heat.