How much lift would I need in the rear to level my truck out?

TutorN1

Ok, this will be my first big mod to my truck. Reason being I can get material from work CHEEP!!

Figured no reason to look a gift horse in the mouth ?

Anyway, going to put about 2" in spacers on the front. Was wondering how thick of spacers I need in the rear?

These will be going on the stock springs for the time being.

I'm hoping to put some either OME or AC coils. They will be HDs to stiffin the ride, & support extra weight later.

NT

i put 1.5 spacers in the front of mine and im sitting about level my front is about 1/4" higher than the rear so u might need 1/2" maybe i would do the front lift then measure before you go making things up if you search on here for front spacers i think one of the people said 1.5 is the most you can space the front because of the cv shaft angle (im guessing your talking about strut spacers) hope this helps

Edited by thorpe991

Yeah I am. Reason I said 2" is because from what I read that's the max of what the CV can take and still work right.

Really what I'm looking for right now is enough lift to put 31s maybe 32s on without it looking funny, & no serious rub.

The back right now I think would look alright with them right now, so might try the 1-1/2" first.

It's really simple.... you just have top measure it...

With spacers, the rear are 1:1.. for the front it's a little different... but considering you do not change coils, you can conservatively go with the following :

1" = 1"

1.5" = 2"

2" = 2.5"

Now go from there... if you put 2" spacer in front, your front will raise 2.5"... use a tape and measure from ground to top of your fender well... then you can do the same to your rear fender well and extrapolate the number you need to raise the rear to the same level of the front....

Check my page here and click on the pictures to have them bigger... you will see what I mean, http://4x4design.com/r50-lift-kit.php

S,

Yeah I am. Reason I said 2" is because from what I read that's the max of what the CV can take and still work right.

Really what I'm looking for right now is enough lift to put 31s maybe 32s on without it looking funny, & no serious rub.

The back right now I think would look alright with them right now, so might try the 1-1/2" first.

i have 32" tires and 1.5 in the front and only rub at full crank but with a little molding with a heat gun

i wouldent rub when i had my 31"tires with the 1.5 i didnt rub at alll

Edited by thorpe991