Stalling in reverse

albino

When I start my pathy up after a cold night and put it into reverse, the rpms drop and it stalls immediately. If I start it back up and rev for a few seconds and then put it in reverse, the rpm's drop but it doesn't stall. I am thinking it has to do with cold oil but I am running all the same oils that I ran last winter and did not have this problem. All fluid levels are fine... engine oil changed last week and transmission, tc, and diff oils changed last summer. Anyone have any ideas? My only other thought could be that I had water entry into my diffs which is freezing but my breathers are extended so I don't think that is the case.

I'll check the temp sensor tomorrow when it dries out here. Do you think the transmission oil level being a little on the high side could be causing problems? I was on the high side of the dip stick last time I checked. I could see that causing excessive resistance when its cold out.

A little high shouldn't cause any issues. If it's >0.5quart overfilled (checked properly, not just pull the dipstick - cycle through gears with parking brake set on flat surface, then pull dipstick, wipe, reinsert, pull, check cold level) then I'd drain some out or just do a drain & fill.