need help with band ajustment

bobburito

Just slipping was trying to avoid a transmission rebuild for I cant afford it let alone a poor mans lift taking care of theses 3 kids lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Which gear is it slipping in? The band adjustment is an allen key screw with a lock nut. I'm pretty sure it is located on the driver's side, facing up, not too far behind where the bell housing meets the transmission. I'm not sure what access will be like with the tranny on the truck - but assume it will be bad.

Look at the FSM in the rebuild section - I think in the part that details the re-installation of the reverse drum assembly.

FWIW, I think you're running the risk of having the band wear down to metal-on-metal at which point you'll be replacing hard parts.

Edited by SkiMachine

A sluggish 2-3 shift is normal for these trucks (to a point). Has the fluid ever been changed? My transmission just broke on me last night (lost reverse on a trail) and I am replacing it with an HD version from an Xterra. I would hold off on the poor mans lift for now and figure out whats wrong with the tranny before it leaves you stranded like mine did.