1999.5 Pathfinder Bank2 Drivers side O2 sensor

Guest cluckinchicken

Guest cluckinchicken

Hello, i'm new to this forum & in need of some dire help of trying to locate the bank 2 drivers side O2 sensor. I kinda half-assed looked for it & realized it might be beyond me in trying to find it. I've gotten my codes read twice (P0158 the 2nd time, didn't give code the 1st time) & both times they told me it was the o2 sensor. i've got the part & ready to be installed, but i've got no clue on where to find it. can someone give me an idea of where to trace along to find it? bear in mind, i'm the biggest auto retard ever, so you'll have to speak in lehmans terms...

i was told its on the drivers side, which narrows my search halfway. then they said it's after the catalytic converter, which i have no idea what it looks like or where it's at...so if someone could help, I would REALLY appreciate it!

much thanks!

tony

It's right under your driver's seat on the exhaust pipe after the cat. You can't miss it. It look like a spark plug with two wire sticking out of it. If you got an OEM O2 sensor double check the the color of the wires. I think Bank 2 Sensor 2 has a gray wire and blue wire?????? Hope that helps.

Edited by Trialsin26

Guest cluckinchicken

thanks Trialsin26.! i was able to find it. i think...it's got a red cover on the cable?...now the hard part is getting that baby unscrewed. it is very short on space & turning ability...any suggested tools that are made for this type of thing?

thanks all!

Guest cluckinchicken

so i FINALLY got my O2 sensor replaced, but my light remained on when i started my truck. i thought i read that you are suppose to disconnect the negative on the battery for like 24hrs....is that right?

thanks!

Just go to autozone (if they have it in your area) or some other parts store and most of them will check and rest it for free. Or you can do the battery thing and that might work, but I would go somewhere and get it cleared.

Edited by Trialsin26

Autozones here in Houston refuse to reset the SES light. Said it was illegal.

If it was the correct part to replace then the light will reset itself after a few cycles. Give it a week or so to cycle through ECM test conditions and reset itself.

If you can't wait, put key in ignition on the "on" position but do not start. Disconnect negative cable and be careful not to cause too many sparks. Leave for about 20 minutes to drain residual power. Reconnect neg. cable and that should do it.

Good luck.

Edited by lbinh