Hello

Ifit

Hello, My name is Bill, I'm from Guam (a US territory way out in the Pacific). I own a 1995 Nissan Pathfinder XE V6 manual tranny and a 2013 Nissan Frontier 4x4 Crew Cab P/U I bought late last month. Been a member for a couple of months and have been reading up on the Pathfinder SAS projects on this forum.

Hi, I'm still looking for a waggy axle out here but no luck finding one. I may have access to a GM 14 bolt rear, but I think its overkill. I'll post pics soon.

Hi, I'm still looking for a waggy axle out here but no luck finding one. I may have access to a GM 14 bolt rear, but I think its overkill. I'll post pics soon.

FYI, unless you are looking for wider axles, there is little reason to replace the stock HB233 (or whatever) rear end on the WD21. It is plenty strong, roughly equating to a D44 in durability.

Here are a couple of pics of my Nissans:

1_zps94575650.jpg

3_zps1d12f1ba.jpg

My small home shop ( I just cleaned it):

MachShop_zps50e4c6c1.jpg

The one on the left seems a little short. ;)

It is the same color as mine, and even has the same bit of dangly window moulding in the rear... :lol:

Nice shop! Mine isn't quite so grand, it doubles as my garage. I have a table top mill/drill a step or two below yours (what make is that?) and hope to have a 10x22" bench top lathe soon (no room for a floor model). Those will serve me well at home as I''m used to using a Bridgeport or Hardinge at work or CNC the equipment as well. I was a career machinist, we will see what the future holds. ;)

B

It was sunny saturday when I took the pics, but it rained all day sunday & today.

The mill/drill is an Industrial Hobbies model. Supposedly the biggest mill/drill out there. I've seen pictures on cnczone of a guy that mounted a big block Ford 460 & bored it out using this mill. I would like to get a Bridgeport mill but the shipping will be expensive.

Yep, that is about the biggest/best bench top mill I have seen. How do you like it?

I have one of these that I picked up locally in well used condition. I need to take it apart, replace the gibs and drive nuts, stone the ways, etc, but it was $400 locally and fits in my garage. I just use if for crude manufacturing/hobby stuff. I tell everyone it is the best drill press I have ever used... :lol:

http://www.grizzly.com/outlet/Mill-Drill-w-Variable-Speed-Power-Feed/G1007

Of course, most any full sized floor model, much less a Bridgeport, would be nicer to have, but even still I wouldn't want an engine block on it. Leave that to the dedicated shops... ;)

B