2003 Nissan Pathfinder SE

bman49

What's up guys. I bought a 2003 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4x4 HG43 axel code with 98k miles about 3 weeks ago from a local Ford dealership. It's really clean. From what I found out an older couple had it before me. All the little interior pieces are still there. I just moved to the South Florida area and I needed a realistic DD for the next 6-8 months while I have surgery on both my knees. I was looking at different cars from some small dealers in the area but everyone kept trying to rip me off. I ended up buying from the Ford dealership simply because if something was wrong with the car I could have it fixed for free. I've already ordered a Curt trailer hitch and manual hubs for it, but I'm not going to go any further with it because I will most likely sell it in a year. I want to put in a LSD for the rear, but only if I can get one for cheap. I'm also going to get the running boards, and the left rear fenderflare repainted professionally. Still there is a side to me that wants to drop the subframe, get 35" tires, and put in a front and rear locker to show local jeeps what's up.

rHPdvph.jpgYi1PHFU.jpgXl5aYCw.jpgFVzBdoL.jpg

• Like 1

Nice '03!

Welcome to S. Fla. It will ride comfy on our oh so lovely roads here.

It may already have a LSD in the back. It may still have the orange LSD sticker on it. If not, you can chock the front wheels. Put the rear end in the air with the transmission in neutral and spin on rear tire. If they go opposite, then its open diff. If they spin the same direction then its LSD.

First things first I would put in a transmission cooler ASAP. Our traffic is so heavy stop n go. Any extra cooling for the transmission is crucial down here. Especially if you will be towing anything with that hitch on it.

You dont like those factory steps on it now? They look very nice. Much nicer than the rotted ones I had on mine.

If you want, you can PM me about a good group of 4x4 guys down here. Most are in the Davie area, aka off 595 & Griffin and up towards Coral Springs. Only a few of us south in Miami.

Nice '03!

Welcome to S. Fla. It will ride comfy on our oh so lovely roads here.

It may already have a LSD in the back. It may still have the orange LSD sticker on it. If not, you can chock the front wheels. Put the rear end in the air with the transmission in neutral and spin on rear tire. If they go opposite, then its open diff. If they spin the same direction then its LSD.

First things first I would put in a transmission cooler ASAP. Our traffic is so heavy stop n go. Any extra cooling for the transmission is crucial down here. Especially if you will be towing anything with that hitch on it.

You dont like those factory steps on it now? They look very nice. Much nicer than the rotted ones I had on mine.

If you want, you can PM me about a good group of 4x4 guys down here. Most are in the Davie area, aka off 595 & Griffin and up towards Coral Springs. Only a few of us south in Miami.

Thanks for the welcoming guys. I havn't seen an orange sticker but I already know it's not a LSD. I can spin one wheel on grass. I will for sure get a tranny cooler though.