CEL code 51 but only during deceleration/coasting

k9sar

95 SE pathy

My CEL has been coming on for the past few weeks but only when I am decelerating or just coasting down a lengthy hill. Once I get back on the gas and under power, the CEL will linger for a bit then go out as the problem has been determined to not be a problem anymore (until the next time I coast). Reading the code shows the Injection Circuit (code 51) but I thought that would only indicate a bad injector (low/high resistance) and should stay on all the time with a failure like that. Anyone seen the intermittent 51 or have a suggestion other than to pull my intake and check all the resistance on the injectors? Is there anything else that could cause this cycling with coasting or being under power? Note, the CEL is not on when just sitting at idle. It only seems to happen when I get off the gas to coast or slow down for a turn.... and then not always.

Throwing a feeler out there before I have to spend a day disassembling.

My guess would be to check the resistance, their might be a bit of a high resistance on one but when you put your foot down it might not have enough resistance to indicate it? But then it should be on during idle... Strange issue, hope this helps