Replacement headlights with glass lens (WD21)

marbiol

Hi All,

I need to replace my headlights due to some chipping in the glass ( apparently this is a fail for a driver's test that I need to take to get my US license).

I've seen the range of aftermarket headlight units, but they all seem to have plastic lenses. Are there any that have glass lenses (ideally with DOT markings for the inspector), or would I need to go full OEM?

If OEM, where would be the cheapest place to get them?

Cheers,

Dan.

How was the sealing on the TYC ones? I read a study that seemed to show that the beam patterns weren't compliant with FMVSS 108 and the moisture sealing was lower quality than the OEM ones. The main issue is that I don't want to get to the test center and get turned away for non-compliant lights.

http://www.capacertified.org/press/CAPALighting3.pdf

It seems fine, it's been on my truck since I've owned it, and the previous owner was a member here. It has been on there at least 5 + years.

The cheapest route, of course is to get a used one somewhere.

Edited by adamzan

I got a one from a pick and pull for 21 bucks. It would have been like 15, if I hadnt had to grab the base then the lens. :doh: If you find a whole light with base and lens intact,it should be real cheap.