Dome Light Flickering

Karmann

I'm relatively certain it's been discussed before, but I can't seem to find it. How exactly do I stop my dome light from turning on and off when going over bumps, sharp turns etc? I assume it's something to do with the door sensors, which part is it that usually breaks?

:yeahthat:

I had this a couple weeks ago. I found out by manually checking all my door switches one at a time and found out my passenger door switch was not aligned with the door frame (too many people use the armrest/handle to get in to my car). I just turned the dome light to "Auto", opened each door one by one, and depressed the switch of the open door to check if the light went off. Easy for my simple mind.

Just an FYI - I have temporarily duct-taped a couple thick flat washers to make the switch fully depress (while I figure out how to fix it permanently).

• Like 1

I started on my rear hatch BECAUSE of what I researched/read about the WD21's...which lead me to check the door switches next. Sure glad I could find the write-ups - thank you. I hope this is similar to Karmann's problem.

I got rid of a 'tire carrier open' light by sticking a little rubber disk in between the plunger and the rubber boot of the sensor. No reason you couldn't do the same thing for your door. It'll just push the plunger in a little further when the door shuts.

Thanks! I'll check it out in the morning. Seems to be especially affected by the recent rain? Or maybe just exacerbated by my sliding around corners haha