Warn Front Final Drive Mount Bushings

Patty

Hello all,

I have myself a nice little clunking sound comming from the front end going over bumps or when i turn the wheels side to side going slow to get it to rock. Now I had this before and it was the stabilizer bar links/bushings which I thought may be the cause again.

So I jacked it all up and couldn't find anything loose at all...until I pryed on the differential mount and noticed the bushing is worn right out. Could this be the cause? I am by no means a mechanic and from what I'm told by Nissan I cannot buy the bushings and I will have to purchase a whole new mount which is just over $100, no big deal.

If this is the case how big of a job would this be for a noobie? I'm done paying mechanics unless it is absolutley needed, I don't mind learning...plus it is just a hunting rig.

Anyone on here ever done this before? and may have some tips and tricks it would be appreciated.

Cheers!

I had to drop my front diff to install the SFD.

It's not too hard. I'm not sure which mount you are talking about, but it can't be that difficult.

Another couple of hands to help hold it up coming down and going back up is certainly helpful.

The drivers side mount is what I have to replace....I hope that's it anyways cause I ordered it haha

Again...I'm far from a mechanic.

http://www.courtesyparts.com/pathfinder-parts-r50-1996-2004/genuine-nissan-parts/power-train/389-front-final-drive-mounting/-c-4700_4701_4769_4798.html

Yep. That's an easy one.

I don't have a visual (my pathy near me), but you might be able to just disassemble the drivers side (brakes, shocks, axle, joints, and diff) and support the diff while you swap out the mount.

An impact wrench will help speed the disassembly. Just remember to hand-start to insure you don't strip anything. And take it from experience....support your brakes so you don't break your ABS wire.

Yep. That's an easy one.

I don't have a visual (my pathy near me), but you might be able to just disassemble the drivers side (brakes, shocks, axle, joints, and diff) and support the diff while you swap out the mount.

An impact wrench will help speed the disassembly. Just remember to hand-start to insure you don't strip anything. And take it from experience....support your brakes so you don't break your ABS wire.

Funny you mention the ABS wire...mine is already broke on that side from swapping out my CV axle...

• Like 1