Courtesy Lamp Change --> Problems

Revco

Hi all!

So, the other day, I changed out my courtesy lamp on the driver's side. It worked just fine, easy peasy. Well, a day later, I noticed no more courtesy lamp...and all the map lights are out and my clock's gone schizoid. Clock is off entirely when shut down, comes on with key in the ignition but always starts at 1:00, resets with every shut off. There's sure some interesting circuitry here and that clock is weird how it works when the truck is on. (Yet, all lamps don't work, even with truck on.)

I tried a second new courtesy lamp replacement, no dice. Tried the original lamp, no dice. I've reseated it multiple times and there doesn't appear to be anything causing a short right there. Now, I'm pretty sure all these lights aren't totally dead, but obviously something else went awry here. It was just a simple lamp replacement, so not sure what could have happened.

Before I go checking fuses and circuits, has anyone had anything like this happen? Tips? Ideas? I'm guessing no 'cause I've scoured the web & there's nothing I can find on this.

Pathy is a 1995 SE VG30 4x4.

Edited by Revco