95 XE Check Engine Light still on after new parts

crs34321

I'm stumped folks. I've had my 95 since 2000 and love it. Check Engine Light comes on - ECU clearly reports 33(O2 Sensor) and 43(Throttle Position Sensor). Replace both, performance is restored and Pathy drives great. Reset ECU. As soon as you start driving CEL comes back on and stays on. ECU still reports 33 and 43. Even tried unplugging battery for 36 hours, no luck. Any ideas/suggestions ?

Checked for vacuum leaks, intake air leaks? Air filter sealing OK? Tried running Chevron Techron fuel system cleaner (20oz bottle) through the gas tank? Ensured that the TPS wiring harness connector is clean, securely connected, and free of corrosion and wiring damage?

I swear there was a TPS adjustment procedure in the FSM but I can't find it right now. Maybe somebody else will.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys! I cleaned the connectors with emery board and blue shower during installation, so that's good. Will try the fuel system cleaner and check the wiring further down the line, and check the air filter, etc.

Agreed, it really does sound like a harness/connector issue so I think you are on the right track. There is one slim possibility, the ECU. See if you can chase down a spare ECU for your vehicle, just for test purposes (someone might be able to loan you a spare or something). Is yours and manual or auto?

B

Checked everything and all connections look good, tight and clean. Precise1: It is a manual. It actually is the same color as the one in your picture! I will start looking for vacuum leaks next. I'll look around for a spare ECU as well.

Edited by crs34321