Mass Air Flow Broken

jrvanas

So my Mass Air Flow hit the crapper today. Gonna cost some nice cash, I would do it myself but I would have to get the car towed since it does not want to stay running.

I have an aftermarket intake on the car - should I replace it with the stock intake?

Trying to think if the aftermarket intake caused these problems....

Ideas?

~Jason

Edited by jrvanas

The MAF can fail for a couple reasons. Bad connector (repairable), dirty wire (not recommended to try but you could clean it) or maybe it just went belly-up. The only situation that could be affected by a different intake is that you could suck extra crud and foul the sensor. If your aftermarket still filters, I don't see how that could be a problem. I'm very surprised to hear that a MAF has gone bad so soon. My 95 is still kicking (after I fixed the bad connector).

Yeah this car has had many problems. I believe it to be the ugly duckling of pathfinders. I might trade it in. However, I love this car and put a lot of money and effort into this car.

Shrugs.

Thanks for the advice.

~Jason

My MAF died (changed connector and didnt help) and rendered my '96 un-driveable...

Nissan sells for $500!!!!!!!!! but luckily the 13th junkyard I called had one and sold it for $70 (they didnt know what they had I think).... may want to call around to local j-yards, could save you big $

• 2 weeks later...