Engine Rebuild

geoff

Well I did a search and couldnt find anything on it, so I was wondering. How much should I expect to pay on average for an engine rebuild on my 93 pathy? I know prices vary I am just trying to get a ballpark figure so I know how much I should save up. I just want a normal rebuild right now, nothing fancy. Any info you guys can provide would be great. Thanks,

Geoff

You have asked a difficult question. My son has just completed a rebuild. In a rebuild you change rods, bearings, bore the block, new pistons, rings, redo the heads, new oil pump, and replace all the exhaust studs. This job would cost you around $2500.

You can obviously only have part of this done if you want and save money. Also you can replace the engine with a new japanese take out for around $1500, sometimes less. Then finally there is used engines for under $1000.

So take you pick. Why do you want to have your engine rebuilt? what is wrong?

sssh hmm.. so far, for the following (and a couple other goodies) it has cost me about $1,300.

Clutch, Thorley Headers, Full cat, and cat back custom system (with Flowmaster muffler), Valve Cover Gaskets, Oil Filter Relocation Kit, Water Pump, All New Belts (including timing belt), New Rancho Shocks, New JGC Coils, Fluids For All Diffs, Tranny & Motor, Idler Arm, Washer Pump, Bosch o2 Sensor, T'stat, Plug Wires, Distributor Cap, P & P, and the usual goodies.. spot lights..tow hooks..push bar...

and no doubt some stuff I fergot 2 mention... :wacko:

Edited by Slick

If you have the capability, pull it yourself, and bring it in. I blew my motor @ 176k, bought a 30k jobber from a japanese motor import place for $750 and did all the work myself. Might want to consider that route, unless you are plaiin on upgradingin internal components.