Front left shock collapsed today

DantheMayun

How can I tell if I need new torsion bars? Obviously I need a new compression rod, make that two. new shocks all around. Possibly new control arms based on damage done. Maybe torsion bars.

Do you guys think its worth moving forward and fixing? I'm estimating a 600 -1000 dollar fix.

That is up to you if it is worth fixing. Depends on your money situtation. Do you have another vehicle or were you waiting for the Pathfinder to die then get something else? If you fix it yourself you probably can get parts fairly cheap at the wreckers if you wait for sale days. Then your time to put it back together, unless you have a shop do it. If a shop does it they will want to replace everything. Balljoints, bushings, shocks, probably tie rod ends. That is probalby the only way a shop will let it leave, if they even want to mess with it. It would cost more for a shop to do it.

Weigh the good and bad and deceide. These types of decisions are never fun.

Heh I don't let shop guys touch my stuff. I hate the morons around here they classify as "mechanics". But I can ride my scooter and motorcycle. so only thing stopping me is rain and cold weather haha.

My situation is if I'm gonna spend the money I want to give it a lift.

Hate to see my pathy go once I do the suspension literally almost everything has been replaced except body parts :suicide: