Modding an ARB Bumper, Advice?

Alright,

after a lengthy search for an engine for the Montero I inherited I have decided to scrap this thing (nobody seems to want to buy it, even for parts). I yanked off the ARB bumper to put it up on 4x4wire.com and craigslist but before doing so I measured it to see if it would fit my rig- and it will. The only problem are the mounts, everyone around here knows ARBs are model specific so this is going to take a bit of fabrication.

The local community college has a welding class and I am friends with the teacher as well as a couple of the students so that is probably going to be where the modding takes place.

I wanted to post these pictures here and pick the brains of the more seasoned fabricators on NPORA to see if there is any advice that might help me in getting this job done. I was thinking about purchasing the mounting brackets for the WD21 ARB bumper and using those in the process but if custom fabrication would be better we can go that route.

I took pictures of the mounts on the bumper and attached to the frame of the Montero for reference. Can't believe there were only four bolts holding this thing on there!

rundown1.jpg

rundown2.jpg

The WD21 ARB bumper doesn't have separate mounts. They're integrated into the bumper. That said, I, along with a few others, successfully relocated their ARB bumpers after a body lift, so fabbing up a couple of mounts should be relatively easy. The big thing is to tie into the frame at 2 points, in order to distribute the load if you're going to winch or recover using the bumper. Otherwise, it can "peel" down if it's only mounted low.

This thread has a bunch of pics of the mounts for the WD21 ARB.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/26160-arb-pictures/?p=480700&hl=%20arb%20%20bumper&fromsearch=1