2001 - looking for a particular service bulletin & resale thoughts

xplitive

Hi all, haven't been over to the new site until just now looks great.

Came across a 2002 Isuzu Trooper with a 5spd and 60K so couldn't resist to try something 'new' especially since it was a 4 door, 4wd SUV with a stick. Can't keep the Pathy unfortunately and need to do one particular service to help resell it. The check engine light has been on for about 70K miles now. A while back I located the PDF of the service bulletin and can't relocate it to figure out what to ask the dealer. It involves reprogramming the ECM to a wider range so the O2 sensors don't think something wrong and tell you the banks/cats are bad. I recall my build date (March 2000) met the build range that the service bulletin was for. Any help would be appreciated, just don't want to go into the dealer and get the run around. Would an independent have the CONSULT machine to do this?

Interested in hearing what folks think price ranges are for a 2001 SE with about 129K on it. Gold ext/beige cloth int. Moonroof. Bought it around March 2010 with about 95K on it from a friend. She was transferring overseas for work and couldn't take it. I remember her mentioning she bought it with about 60K on it and the check engine light was on then. Looks, runs, drives great although does have the normal quirks for that year.

The better - no rust, been one winter in Wisconsin. Rest of time in the NW (don't use salt there) and Florida. I think around 20K miles ago added warn manual hubs, OME HD/MD springs, KYB struts and shocks, while everything was disassembled went ahead and did the trailing arms (still have the old ones and upon inspection they didn't need replacing). I have spark plugs and wires to do but haven't found the time to do it yet. I change the oil regularly ( and grease the one fitting on the driveshaft) and carfax shows regular service routine service.

The bad - These are - the back windows go up slowly, more so in winter, occasionally has the transmission flare, uses/leaks about a quart of oil/1500 miles (use is probably the PCV thing with this engine and believe the leak is the rear main seal which also has been going for a while). Pretty clean but accident shows on carfax. My friend was waiting to pull around a sitting car and got clipped on the front corner by the battery by an overtaking vehicle. Major dealer did the insurance repair, I'm sure they billed more than the car was worth. I slid the vehicle off the road after hydroplaning in one of the those south florida rainstorms and tore the bumper cover. Replaced it but didn't paint it.

Daily driver, would keep it if I could. I would have no issue taking long distance trips in it and often do because we didn't want to put miles on our other vehicle. Gets about 17.5 mpg in my daily driving and on summer blend/regular unleaded. I ran premium for a while and didn't notice a difference.

Thinking I might ask $5500 and settle at $5K.

Even if an independent mech had the CONSULT-II, it is highly doubtful that they can actually access Nissan's network to pull the ECU ROM for flashing.

I will dig up the TSB for you soon.

You don't have spark plug wires, go return them.

Spray silicone spray in the window tracks to clean them out and they should work faster.

Edited by Towncivilian

• 3 weeks later...