95 pathfinder front speaker issue

Danfiveten

My front speakers after stereo install wont work. I noticed before the install they would cut out alot, but now not working at all, can it be the amp? Dont these things have a front and rear amp for the se model. All wiring is done fine, had to find the amp wire to hook to the antenna wire to kick it in, is there another amp wire i dont know about that i need to power to?

Could be a ground issue. Some systems have.a floating ground, some don't. I have no idea about the Pathy speaker system but you may find a schematic or block diagram in the FSM for your rig. Look on the main page do download your manual.

Edited by SkiBumBrian

Could be the amps, could be the absurdly long and thin wire going from the dash, back to the amps, and forward again to the speakers. I'd suggest trying the amp bypass first (I did mine recently and made a writeup: :clickdalink: ). I've heard that the amps themselves can cut out but I've never had the problem with mine. There are two amps, front and rear, and for some reason (at least on my '95) they were both in the back.

Edited by Slartibartfast

Yah i have a update to.

It came back on for a bit, then cut out again, then came back, then cut out, Ill have to try the bypass, not like stock amps do much @!*% anyway >.> I just want to listen to my radio when i drive the beater. I really dont want to put any money into her, but im a perfectionist as you see with my g20 pics and my 510's i posted pictures of, so its being really hard to not do anything to her >.>

I just completely bypassed the amps and ran the speaker cable directly from the head unit. Was worried about the small gauge of the 12v feed cable to the head unit, but it seems to work fine.