First Pathfinder!

Theremin7

Hello,

I'm new to the pathfinder community. I just recently made the switch from Subis to Nissan and I am looking for a little guidance. I bought my 01 Pathfinder SE fully intending to modify it for moderate off-roading, I just don't know much where to start. If someone out there wouldnt mind giving me a list of things I should check/replace before I start doing any lifting or anything, thatd be great. My truck just rolled over 120,000 miles. Thanks in advance.

At 105k miles, the spark plugs were due for replacement. If you don't have service records, pull a spark plug and see how they look.

Replacement of all fluids would be a good idea as well. Transmission fluid, differentials, transfer case, engine coolant, brake fluid (and clutch if applicable), power steering fluid. Replace engine air, fuel and cabin air filters too.

Have your Pathfinder inspected for the strut housing corrosion recall if it hasn't been yet. Call your local dealer (have your VIN ready) if you're unsure.

Welcome to NPORA!

• Like 1

Do above maintenance, take off the running boards and mudflaps, throw on some off road-y 245/75r16s, get a tow strap and wheel it!

I've basically done that and out of the box its capability astounding IMO. See what you "need" for your area. In my case it's skids, upgraded shocks, recovery points, off road lights, manual hubs, tucked exhaust, a sleeping platform and some odds and ends. Never lifted it and it does very well. :welcome:

Edited by Karmann
  • Like 1

When you check the plugs, check the back one (aka PITA Plug). Mine was running rough....the other 5 were fine...the back one barely had an electrode.

After my lift, I kept on the rock sliders (running boards) and am putting on bigger mudflaps. ;)

• Like 1

When you check the plugs, check the back one (aka PITA Plug). Mine was running rough....the other 5 were fine...the back one barely had an electrode.

After my lift, I kept on the rock sliders (running boards) and am putting on bigger mudflaps. ;)

Not applicable to the VQ35, there is no "back" plug that's impossible to access. All are equally difficult to access except plug #4 which requires the IACV to be removed.

• Like 1

Nice! I've been curious, if my VG ever dies (230k) if the VQ will sit in there. Has it been done?

There was one guy, i think he was in Russia, tried doing a VG to VQ swap, personally, id you wanted to keep with a V6, get the VG30DETT from a 300zx, it should "in theory" be a fairly easy swap,

plus TWIN TURBO POWER! :ar15::laugh:

Ukraine, that's where he was from, here is his incomplete thread.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/28594-danyurs-vg33-to-vq35-replacement/

Some other associated threads.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/9935-will-a-vq35-work-in-a-19995-r50/?p=143404&hl=%20vq35%20%20swap&do=findComment&comment=143404

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/29241-vq35-swap-from-gzfx/?hl=+vq35%20+swap

• Like 2