beat to death i know

johnyreb

As the title says i know this topic has been beat to death but oh well I'm looking at upgrading my exhast from the stock manifolds back I'm thinking true duals with 2" pipe basically i wanna install an X pipe shortly after the manifold then a highflow cat on each side then keep everything as straight as possible all the way back to the mufflers (undecided on those as of now) then resonator tips

Thoughts suggestions horror storys etc. all much appreciated

I thought about gibson because ive always had good experiences with they're products in the past but i have been hard pressed to find any1 using a gibson on a v6 let alone a pathfinder or hardbody

And where did u find the gibson cat back? From what i found on they're website they only offer systems for chevy, ford, dodge, & jeep

$200 ! man if that's what they cost now they really went up from when I bought mine, think it was $100.

The part number the Borla tech told me would replace the one I had years ago, 2.25" in/out is 40351 and Summit has them for $129

The mufflers i looked at from borla were $170 & up and the cat backs were $500 & up while dynomax makes a cat back for the d21 that as far as I've been able find offers higher power gains (haven't found any sound clips though) and is about the same as far as durability for $134.65 shipped

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/compatibility-chart/B000LG1OH6/ref=au_pf_dp_chart?ie=UTF8&Make=Nissan|67&Model=Titan|2440&Year=2006|2006&carId=003

This is what I put on my truck. $320 with free shipping from amazon. I had to use a converter from a 94 because my truck had a longer one. Your right they don't list it on their site anymore. They must be discontinuing them.

James

I guess it comes down to preference, I had an original flowmaster on my old hardbody and it cracked so I had the exhaust re-done from the cat back in SS, I found a shop that could bend SS pipe, even though it was not mandrel bent there were no big kinks in the bends, and he used 2.25" pipe, I provided the muffler I went with Borla to keep everything SS. Sounded good too, I do have a few video's of how it sounds.

You said it hardbody preference I'm still doing research i haven't ruled out any particular brand or set up i did really have my heart set on true duals but everyone seems to agree a single works best im still not sure of why that is but hey i come from the world of v8 muscle were more flow equals more power period and more pipes and bigger ones equals more flow

A properly sized single pipe will outflow dual pipes.

When I had my V8 Dakota after doing research I ran a single 3" cat back, flowmaster kit, ended up replacing the muffler with a 40 series because the 50 series it came with wasn't throaty enough for me.

But most people will agree duals sound better,

the argument generally is running a single pipe is lighter, easier, cheaper (one muffler vs two), but the pipe is larger so space may be a factor.

as for dual pipes people generally say, that using two pipes the pipes are smaller diameter, so they can tuck up closer to the body, And duals allow more performance options when dealing with high horsepower engines.

Edited by ahardb0dy

Makes sense i'll most likely just find a cat back system i like for now then when i get around to installing some headers which probably won't be till my manifold studs break i'll toy with the idea of dual exhaust some more