head light adjustment

bushnut

Anybody have a good way to adjust the head lights on an R50. To reach the driver's side adjuster it looks like I'll have to remove the air filter box. can't get my hand in there. and what size are the screws? or is it philips? the hayne's book is less than helpful. both low lights seem to point at the sky.

It's been awhile for me but, I recall using a very long flat head screwdriver to turn the "gear" wheel half a turn at a time. You can the see the wheel once the cover is removed from the top of the headlight assembly. I didn't have to remove anything else.

Bushnut has the "facelift" front end like mine. Our adjustment is made from the top of the assembly. I'd have to put my hand back on it to better describe the inner workings. When I figured it out on my own I was all proud of myself at the time. :lol:

• Like 1

Yep, long flathead screw driver from the top right in to turn the gear. I've had to do it too many times (to many lift variations) and will be doing it again to fine tune my driver's side that I've been living with for about 3 years.