how to remove the dash vent

findmypath

I have an 03 Pathfinder and I recently got XM satellite radio. I'm trying to install a vehicle specific mount on the car. It requires me to remove the air vent in the center council. There is very little room to remove the vent and to get to the clips that are holding the vent. ARE THERE ANY SUGGESTIONS AS TO HOW TO REMOVE THE VENT WITHOUT AND I REPEAT WITHOUT DAMAGING ANYTHING?Thanks.

Edited by findmypath

I'm not sure how my 98 differs...but did you already remove the center console panel? Those two screws that come out right below the center console by the shifter and ashtray...Thats how I access my Clarion deck when I put it in.

MY XM radio has these clips that fit right into the center ducts and they hold it up pretty well.

I remember being able to see the duct that leads up to the vents...maybe you can reach the clips that way...

Edited by DJ Dank

Guest cjs2000

http://carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalNisp...r03StrR.htm.htm

I did it and it works, no damage. The screws for the center console are behind this vent, so you need to remove that vent first. I've had mine out a couple of times. By the way, how are you tapping into the stereo? I am using the PAC audio AAI-NIS for a dvd system, which works with the 03.

CJS