Power Window Question

Matthew K

Hello again all,

Here's another question about my 2001 automatic Pathfinder SE. Sometimes when I roll the driver's side window up, either by clicking the button so it goes up automatically, or by holding the switch until it goes up, it comes back down probaby a 1/5th of the way. Sometimes I can hold the switch for a few seconds after the window goes up and it'll stay, but a lot of times it just comes back down by itself (under power--it doesn't fall). Has anyone experienced this? The only solution I have found was to open the door, roll the window up, and turn the ignition on...but this isn't normal. Thanks guys!

Matt

• 1 year later...

what did you find? I'm having this problem with my passenger side window, no other problems rolls up and down smooth, its on track and from both the driver and pass side when you click the switch all the way up it comes back down.

My driver's side window does this. The dealer thinks that the motor needs to be reset/recalibrated and the service manual agrees. Doing costs about $80, but the manual shows how to do it. It looks pretty simple, but I just haven't gotten to it yet.