2007 Sentra master window switch question

ahardb0dy

So 2007 Sentra, the master power window/door lock switch on the drivers door.

The Drivers window only has been acting up and has been getting worse to get the window up or down.

Today I pulled the switch and took it apart down to the gold looking contacts on the circuit board, They were filthy so I cleaned them with isopropyl alcohol, also cleaned the little pins on the bottom of the drivers window switch, the rest of the switches did not come off the board.

Plugged the switch back in and the window would go down but not up at all.

Pulled the door panel, speaker and the whole power window motor/regulator assembly.

Tested the power window motor on my bench with my power supply, motor worked perfect up and down, this indicates to me the switch is bad, right??

Put the regulator back in, plugged the switch back in and to my suprise it worked fine both up and down, ( at this point should have suspected something was up !!! )

Put everything back together, speaker, door panel, plugged the switch back in and WHAT A SHOCKER !! it went down BUT NOT UP AGAIN !!!!

insert choice curse words here !!!

Decided to do the test I was going to do after I put the regulator back in which was to use a jumper wire from the hot wire in the switch harness to each wire going to the window motor, and using another jumper wire to the other wire going to the window motor and to ground, I did this and window goes up and down perfect. Again pointing to the switch being bad, All the other windows work fine so what ever controls the drivers window switch changing the ground and hot to that particular window motor must be bad, as I said the other windows all work fine.

So by using the 2 wires that run directly to the window motor with out the switch connected that would indicate the wiring and motor is fine right??

Damn master switch is expensive around $110 from Rockauto and about $150 from the dealer (Rob) !! Other window switches (pass. and rears) are like $13 !!!!