Extended length struts, possibly from AUS

Rebelord

Hopefully some Australian members can see this and help us out. I was poking around on some Australian sites that sill lift kits for the R50 Pathfinders. Came across a set that has the King Springs 35mm lift and a set that says it includes extended length struts. Hmm. Here is the excerpt from it.

Contents
2 x Raised Front Australian Made King Coil Springs - Heavy Duty
2 x Raised Rear Australian Made King Coil Springs - Heavy Duty
2 x Front Extended Travel 35mm Big Bore Heavy Duty Gas Shock Absorbers.
2 x Rear Extended Travel 35mm Big Bore Heavy Duty Gas Shock Absorbers.
Specifications
* Parts Number: 65440EX x 1 & 65439EX x 1
400443EX x 2
KDFR-66 x 2 & KDRR-67 x 2
* Ride : Comfort
As you can see. There is the part numbers. But no manufacture. I have emailed them trying to get more info. But havent received a response yet.
Can you imagine though? Being able to pay a lil more to end top-out issues with AC springs!!
  • Like 1

Can you imagine though? Being able to pay a lil more to end top-out issues with AC springs!!

The top out issues go away when the springs settle. I would tell you how long had I not cranked my stereo to drown out the sound! :lol:

• Like 1

All I got was this as response. Trying to get exact specs or something more.

Hi there,The brand of the shocks are Ultra King ( Rear and Front Extended Travel 35mm Big Bore Heavy Duty Gas Shock Absorbers ).

Not getting any more info from him unfortunately.

Hi there,They are Extended Travel 35mm Big Bore Heavy Duty Gas Shock Absorbers .

If they are extended 35mm, then may be worth it. But all we have is a part number to go from.

Not those King products. Something else. Only place I can find these part numbers are in ebay listings with no info. I have sent a few emails to a main distributor for King Springs in AUS. To see if they can find any information. I'll post findings.

As for King Springs, $185 AUD a pair plus shipping. Getting shipping quote now to Miami, Fl.

I had seen this recently while researching for other strut options (I seem to have blown yet another one) through the Australian Ebay - linky.

Was going to do some more research (email/call them) to make sure these are what I think they are (and actual extended strut), but thought I'd post up just cause it seemed to fit well under this topic.

Same company. I emailed them at there headquarters. But you can see the responses I received. Thats why I asked the main distributer of King Springs if they knew anything.

Sent from smert fone

Oh, I know. Has taken a few days turn around for info. Got the pricing for King Springs yesterday. I figure another day or two for shipping quote and possibly any info.

Not those King products. Something else. Only place I can find these part numbers are in ebay listings with no info. I have sent a few emails to a main distributor for King Springs in AUS. To see if they can find any information. I'll post findings.

As for King Springs, $185 AUD a pair plus shipping. Getting shipping quote now to Miami, Fl.

Damn, thought I'd found it. I should have known it wouldn't be that easy!! :laugh:

Hey everyone this is my first post here. I have been looking around these forums for a while now getting ideas on mods for my truck.

I'm actually from Aus and seen these when searching for parts to piece together my lift. From all the info I could gather both from other people using these and the manufacturer themselves.

These a few people around here using these kits without any complaint. The struts use the same part No. As Ultima struts (also sold here) however we have been told by the manufacturer they are not actually Ultima struts. There isn't very good communication between the manufacturer and anybody asking questions as you have probably noticed.

I do know the manufacturer is actually a shop that makes CV's and driveline products however the struts themselves may be made in China. We are unsure. I ended up buying the Ultima struts as they are Australian made, and on their website they say they are good to use with 50mm lift springs on the R50, however I don't know if it actually has 50mm further travel. I won't know how good these struts are until they are fitted but from all the research I did nobody really had anything bad to say about Ultima struts on the R50. So maybe this is another option for you guys?

Hey everyone this is my first post here. I have been looking around these forums for a while now getting ideas on mods for my truck.

I'm actually from Aus and seen these when searching for parts to piece together my lift. From all the info I could gather both from other people using these and the manufacturer themselves.

These a few people around here using these kits without any complaint. The struts use the same part No. As Ultima struts (also sold here) however we have been told by the manufacturer they are not actually Ultima struts. There isn't very good communication between the manufacturer and anybody asking questions as you have probably noticed.

I do know the manufacturer is actually a shop that makes CV's and driveline products however the struts themselves may be made in China. We are unsure. I ended up buying the Ultima struts as they are Australian made, and on their website they say they are good to use with 50mm lift springs on the R50, however I don't know if it actually has 50mm further travel. I won't know how good these struts are until they are fitted but from all the research I did nobody really had anything bad to say about Ultima struts on the R50. So maybe this is another option for you guys?

Thanks for chiming in. I will make sure to follow this thread as it progresses. Oh, and great first post. I'm pretty sure mine was more along the lines of, "What's the biggest tires/wheels can I get on my 99.5?" :lol:

Good News!

I heard back from the bigger distributor in Australia. Ok, those parts numbers are for the Chinese entry level shocks and struts. Which the guy did not recommend unless you had no money and had to replace em.

But I did find out this information.

I do have a Raised Proper Off Road Shock option available for these from a Company called Tough Dog.

For the front Struts they have a 35mm bore Gas Shock.

Part numbers are: RHF- BDS4023 $215.00

LHF- BDS4022 $215.00

For the rear they have 3 options

35mm Gas Shock BD3011T $92.50EA

41mm Big Bore foam cell FC43011 $130.00EA

40MM Bore 9 Stage Adjustable BM403011 $155.00EA

I don’t have open & closed lengths for the front shocks, but I do for the rear’s

All 3 rear shocks are 414mm Closed length & 660mm Open length

These are measuder from centre of eye at each end.

I will be getting things square on my end to purchase a set of King Springs and the Tough Dog struts. Maybe not the rears since I did JUST replace my rear shocks. But having a matching set is kinda nice..

Waiting on permission to post his info here for you guys to call/email him.

But the company is Wholesale Suspension www.wholesalesuspension.com.au

Haha I've spent many hours researching pathys :P

From a few of the people running the king springs they have noticed that they sag early compared to other springs on the market. Other then that everyone has liked them.

From the research I have done, Lovells springs manufactured here in Aus seem to give the most lift (not quite as much as the AC springs you have over there) however it's significantly more then most others on the market out here and have not read any reports of sagging any more then the norm. I also havnt read any reports of topping out either.

These are the springs I have chosen to go with, so will be interesting to see how my setup performs when it's all installed as I have pieced it together myself.

Nice. Would love pics and such. Just make a members ride thread.

Side note: I tried to register for PCOA but it wont let me. Not sure if they aren't allowing US IP to register.

Sent from smert fone

Not trying to threadjack, but I had also seen these. I just thought they would be way too expensive:

Bilstein B6

And no, the picture in the link is NOT the actual photo of the product.

Here is what I believe the product looks like.

500x346-bilstein-b6_837.jpg

Any ways, just curious what people are thinking of doing now that I'll be on my 3rd set of struts. Honestly, these KYB rode better than my Rancho RSX struts, but they did NOT last as long. Then again, my wheeling has been changing from more expedition/exploring to more true wheeling, so maybe that's my problem.

Edited by Rick13

I have read about the Bilstiens that are available. They are like the Koni inserts. You take your old strut housing and have to cut and modify then weld on the Bilstiens. Granted there are quite a few shops that do it in Australia. But no one in the US.

I've read about those also, but I believe that originally the modified Bilsteins (with an insert) had a part number that ended in "-mod". In fact, I think I originally read about that on PCOA quite a few years back.

I think the part I linked to is the basic strut without modifying/lengthening for a lift. No big deal, just always like to weigh all my options. I'll keep quiet now.